Friday, October 25, 2013

A new look for a Max Steele




So I'm in a thrift store and I buy a Max Steele figure for 50 cents. He has no clothing or accessories. His molded hair will make it so that no hat or helmet will fit. The painted streaks on his face also will limit his use.

What to do?

I never give up, and going through my kit box I find a Vietnam era tiger stripe uniform. It comes together. I have jungle boots, and M16-A1 rifle, a grenade launcher and a bunch of other goodies. 

I can do a Vietnam War LRRP. The LRRPs, or Long-Range-Reconaissance-Patrol infiltrated deep into enemy territory and spied on enemy units, troop strength and movements. Their mission would be compromised if they were detected, so they moved basically unobserved. Their objective was to avoid enemy contact. They moved in groups of 4 or 6, packed heavy firepower, and carried everything they needed for several days in the field.

How would Max work as a LRRP? With painted face he'd be ok. With hair spiked up, I could use a drive-on rag for a headband. I have the uniform, weapons and equipment so let's do it.

It worked better than expected. Max turned out great. He's loaded for bear with rifle, ammo pouches, aid kit, knives, machete, two canteens, hand grenades, smoke grenade, rope, rucksack, claymore mine, and M-79 grenade launcher.

Thus, a kitbashed figure is born. What do you think? I think he looks pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment