Thursday, October 24, 2013

Welcome.


This blog will be primarily about 1/6 kitbashed action figures, though I may from time-to-time post figures and projects of other scales. I may also post and review complete figures and kits.

I'll be focusing on my own figures and projects, but if anyone who reads this blog has any figures they'd like to feature or write about, let me know. We'll do it.

I've started playing with G.I. Joes in the early 1970's when I was young. I wish I had some of my collection from back then. I also spent many hours playing with Johnny West and the original "Best of the West" collection and with 8 inch Star Trek, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man figures.

About 15 years ago, I bought a few Civil War "Soldiers of the World" figures. Only later did I realize how poorly made they really were. I also got a few G.I. Joes. When 21st Century Toys came out with the Ultimate Soldier, I was again hooked, and I dabbled a bit with 1/6 scale. I didn't do a whole lot for a few years.

Only recently, when I saw some of the offerings of Dragon, Hot Toys, DiD, and Sideshow did I get heavily into it again. In the past few years, I've collected 31 figures, plus over 30 others that I purchased, bashed cheaply and sold. Over 1/2 of the 31 in my personal collection are true kitbashes. I am constantly changing them and modifying them. I have new ideas all the time to make them better and more unique.

1/6 dioramas are large, complex, and somewhat expensive, so my diorama work will be limited. That said, I do have ideas for a few small ones, and one work in progress. They'll be featured in a later post.

Starting soon, I'll be featuring my figures. I'll give a history of each, and what inspired me to do them the way I did.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment